SecureAuth® Identity Platform provides single sign-on (SSO) access through Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) for the resources (applications) to which your users are allowed access. Each application is integrated with the Identity Provider and results in the creation of an XML metadata file to be uploaded to your application (service provider). During the login process to identify and assert the user request for access, digitally-signed XML documents are exchanged between the Identity Provider and the application over a secure connection.
Use the Application Manager tool to select an application template from the library, then use the common components to customize each new application integration.
Depending on the SAML application, you might define how the connection type will be initiated:
- An IdP-initiated SAML application integration starts the login process at the Identity Platform, and upon successful authentication, asserts the user to the application.
- A SP-initiated SAML application integration starts the login process at the service provider / application, then redirects the user to the Identity Platform for authentication, and upon successful authentication, it finally asserts the user back to the application.
When you add an application resource, you choose the data stores, connection settings, and authentication policy (which includes the login workflow, adaptive authentication, and multi-factor methods).
- Identity Platform version 19.07 or later up and running
- Active connection to local data store with Active Directory / SQL Server (membership directory / profile directory) which can be used in the application integration
- Service provider administrator account to configure the application to be integrated with the Identity Platform
- Set up your global multi-factor authentication (MFA) methods before adding applications
Select the application integration
For a current list of available application templates, see: