You can create a template realm to which default settings will be applied to new realms. For example, you might want to ensure that all new realms contain the 2019 theme.
When you create a template realm, it does not affect existing realms. For example, you have 25 existing realms (numbered 1 through 25) before creating a template realm. After creating a template realm, all new realms starting with realm number 26 and later will have the configuration settings from the template realm.
- Identity Platform version 19.07 and later
- If you have an appliance on-prem / hybrid (not hosted) instance, you can create a template realm
- If you have a cloud-hosted instance, contact Support to update your web.config file
To create a template realm
- In the Identity Platform, configure any realm with the preferred default settings.
Make a note of this realm number as your template realm.
- Open the API web.config file located in D:\Secureauth\Api\web.config.
- Add the following code, where # is the realm number of the template realm from the first step:
<add key="RealmDirectoryToCopyOnCreate" value="SecureAuth#" />
- Save the web.config file.
- Create a new realm, and verify the configurations match the default settings from the template realm.