Updated July 30, 2020
To connect your data stores and directories to SecureAuth® Identity Platform in a cloud-deployment instance, it requires the installation of a connector on your local data store server. When you download the SecureAuth Connector installer and bundle files, you can use them more than once. Copy the files in different data store servers and install them on those machines for redundancy.
To remove a Connector, you can uninstall it from your local data store server. Then, you can remove it from Connectors list in the Data Stores section.
Prerequisites and dependencies
- SecureAuth® Identity Platform version 19.07 or later (cloud depoyment)
- As a system administrator tasked with setting up the Identity Platform for your organization, you must have access to the same email used to provision and authenticate your access to the Identity Platform
Access to a local data store server containing your data stores
- Recommended installation on a standalone box. At this time, the Connector is not certified for use on the Identity Platform on-premises appliance or a domain controller.
At minimum, the local data store server must have the following system requirements (the same configuration also applies to virtual machines):
Operating Systems Specifications Ports to open
Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)
Internet Explorer 11+ or later
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later
443 to the data store
Any other ports to the data stores (for example, 389 to the Active Directory)
Be sure to install or update Microsoft .NET to 4.7.2 or later, as this requires a system reboot before you can download and install the Connector.
Installing the SecureAuth Connector
- Open the Identity Platform application.
- On the left side of the Identity Platform page, click Data Stores.
The User Data Stores page opens.
- To add a Connector, use one of two options:
- When there are no connectors installed, click Add Connector.
- When there is at least one connector installed, and to add another connector, click the Open Installer instructions link.
- To download the SecureAuth Connector installer, click the executable file link.
The SecureAuth Connector executable file is downloaded and saved to your machine.
- To get the configuration files package, click Generate.
This generates the configuration files package. An email with the configuration passcode is sent to the system administrator tasked with setting up the Identity Platform.
- Retrieve the configuration passcode from the email.
- Double-click the installer executable for the SecureAuth Connector.
The installation process for the SecureAuth Connector opens.
- Click Next and accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Click Next.
By default, the installation folder is set to C:\Program Files\SecureAuth Corporation\SecureAuth Connector\
- Click Next.
The next page is to specify the location of the generated configuration files.
- Browse to the downloaded location of the configuration files package (.zip file) that you generated.
- Click Next.
The next page is to enter the configuration passcode.
- Enter the passcode from the email and click Install.
Follow remaining the installation prompts to complete the installation and configuration of the SecureAuth Connector. The name of the machine on which the connector is installed is displayed on the Connectors tab.
On the Connectors tab, for connector you just installed, check the message area for an active connection.
At this point, the connection does a health check to indicate whether it is active and healthy (green status) or is not active (red status).
- Optionally, to install another connector on another data store server for redundancy, do the following:
- Copy the SecureAuth Connector installer executable and generated configuration files package (.zip) to another local data store server.
- Run the SecureAuth Connector installer executable.
- Use the same passcode copied from the email.
You can copy the same bundle to as many different data store servers and reuse the same passcode. However, each time you click Generate from the Connector Installer page, the bundle is the same, the only thing that is different is the passcode.