Install SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v19.06, or upgrade from SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v1.0.x - v2.5.x to version 19.06.
NOTE: See Installation guide - v2.5 - SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server for prior versions of SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server compatible with SecureAuth IdP versions 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, and SecureAuth® Identity Platform version 19.07.
CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT:
SecureAuth IdP version 9.1 or later, SecureAuth® Identity Platform version 19.07 or later
Refer to Prerequisites in the SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v19.06 integration guide for SecureAuth IdP requirements to use SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server version 19.06.
IMPORTANT: SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v19.06 should not be installed on a Windows Domain Controller.
If you are a new customer, for optimum performance, especially for large enterprises, install the SecureAuth RADIUS server separately from the IdP or Identity Platform server. If you are upgrading, consider moving SecureAuth RADIUS to its own server. If in doubt, contact SecureAuth Support.
Upgrade SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server to v19.06
1. Back up the appliance.radius.properties file.
2. Install SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v19.06 in a new folder, separate from earlier versions of RADIUS.
3. Validate RADIUS v19.06 installed successfully.
4. If upgrading from RADIUS v1.0.x, disable the RADIUS v1.0.x Windows service "SecureAuthRadiusService2" in the Windows Services console (services.msc).
Install SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v19.06
1. Download the installation file from the SecureAuth Product Downloads page.
If RADIUS v1.0.x is currently installed, please contact SecureAuth Support for detailed instructions.
If RADIUS v2.0.x - v2.5.x is currently installed, RADIUS v19.06 will be installed over the existing installation by default. You cannot select a different installation path.
If you are installing RADIUS for the first time, RADIUS v19.06 will be installed in a new folder by default. RADIUS v19.06 is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\SecureAuth Corporation\SecureAuth IdP RADIUS Agent. Optionally, you can select a different installation path by completing the following:
a. Export all configurations.
b. Uninstall SecureAuth RADIUS.
c. Install the latest version of SecureAuth RADIUS and select the new installation folder.
d. Use the SecureAuth RADIUS import tools to import the configuration settings.
2. Find the downloaded SecureAuth-IdP-RADIUS-Server-1=19.06.exe file and double-click the file to start the install wizard.
3. Click Next > to proceed.
4. Select the appropriate checkbox(es) to enable quick access to the RADIUS Admin Console via a desktop icon and / or the Start menu selection:
- Create a Desktop icon.
- Create an entry in the Start Menu.
5. Click Next to review settings.
6. Review settings and do one of the following:
- Click Back to make edits.
- Or click Install to begin installing the RADIUS service.
7. After the installation is complete, optionally select the files to start when the wizard closes:
- View README.
- Launch RADIUS Administration Console.
8. Click Finish to close the install wizard.
If either or both files were selected at step 7, the requested files are displayed.