This topic covers how to integrate the Salesforce application in SecureAuth IdP to securely allow the right user access to Salesforce applications in your organization.
- On the left side of SecureAuth IdP page, click Application Manager.
- Click Add an Application.
The application template library appears.
- From the list of application templates, search and select Salesforce.
On the Applications Details page, set the following configurations.
Application Name Name is prefilled by default; you can optionally change the application name. This displays on the Application Manger list and on the Application Settings page. Application Description Enter descriptive name about this application integration. Upload logo Optional. Click Upload to change the logo. Data Stores Enter the data stores to to authenticate and allow user access for this application. Start typing to bring up a list of data store names. You can enter more than one data store. Groups
Use one of the following options:
- Slider in the On position (enabled): Allow users from every group in your selected data stores access to this application.
- Slider in the Off position (disabled): Enter the specific groups who are allowed access to this application.
The Connection Settings page appears.
In the Configure Connection section, set the following configuration.
Select one of the following:
- SP Initiated (Redirect) – Starts the login process at the service provider / application, then redirects the user to SecureAuth IdP for authentication, and upon successful authentication, it finally asserts the user back to the application.
- IdP Initiated – Starts the login process at SecureAuth IdP, and upon successful authentication, asserts the user to the application.
In the User ID Mapping section, set the following configuration.
User ID Profile Field Select the profile field in your data store that contains the user IDs.
In the SAML Assertion section, set the following configurations.
Salesforce Login URL
Set the Salesforce login URL endpoint toand include the ID number from Salesforce.
You can find this setting in the Salesforce admin console under the Endpoints section of the Security Controls > Single Sign-On Settings.
SAML Issuer A unique name that must match exactly on the SecureAuth IdP side and the Salesforce side. This helps the Salesforce application identify SecureAuth IdP as the SAML issuer. SAML Valid Hours
Indicate in hours and minutes, how long the SAML assertion is valid.
The default setting is one hour, but for more sensitive application resources, the recommended value is between one to five minutes.
Sign SAML Message Move the slider to enable or disable signing of the SAML message. IdP Signing Certificate Click Select Certificate, choose the IdP signing certificate to use, and then click Select to close the box. IdP Signing Certificate Serial Number When you select an IdP signing certificate, the serial number populates this field. Signing Algorithm
The signing algorithm digitally signs the SAML assertion and response.
Choose the signing algorithm – SHA1 or SHA2 (slightly stronger encryption hash and is not subject to the same vulnerabilities as SHA1).
If more information from the directory needs to be sent in the assertion, in the SAML Attributes section, click Add SAML Attribute and set the following configurations.
Provide the attribute name from the directory to which identifies the user to the application.
For example, givenname
Data Store Property
Select the data store property which maps to this directory attribute.
For example, First Name
Namespace (1.1) Set the authorization URL to tell the application which attribute is being asserted.
- Click Add Application.
After saving the application, the Information for Service Providers page appears.
To complete the integration and establish a working connection with SecureAuth, provide the following information as required to the service provider.
Login URL, Logout URL, IdP Issuer Click Copy to Clipboard to copy SecureAuth IdP realm information and paste it in the corresponding field on the service provider user interface, as required. IdP Signing Certificate Download the IdP Signing Certificate. Download Metadata
To download the metadata file:
- Click Download Metadata.
- Enter the Domain name to the SecureAuth IdP appliance URL or IP address.
For example, or https://126.96.36.199
- Click Download to get the configuration file.
- Upload the file to the service provider.
- Click Continue to Summary to review the application settings.
- Click Back to Application Manager to find the application added to the list.