Install SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v2.4, or upgrade from SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v1.0.x - v2.3.x to version 2.4.
NOTE: See SecureAuth IdP RADIUS Server v2.3.9+ Installation Guide for prior versions of SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server compatible with SecureAuth IdP versions 8.2, 9.1, and 9.2.
CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT:
SecureAuth IdP version 9.1 or later.
Refer to Prerequisites in the SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v2.4 integration guide for SecureAuth IdP requirements to use SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server version 2.4.
IMPORTANT: SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v2.4 should not be installed on a Windows Domain Controller.
If you are a new customer, for optimum performance, especially for large enterprises, install the SecureAuth RADIUS server separately from the IdP or Identity Platform server. If you are upgrading, consider moving SecureAuth RADIUS to its own server. If in doubt, contact SecureAuth Support.
1. Back up the appliance.radius.properties file.
2. Install RADIUS v2.4 in a new folder, separate from earlier versions of RADIUS, per the Install SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v2.4 instructions.
3. Validate RADIUS v2.4 installed successfully.
4. If upgrading from RADIUS v1.0.x, complete these steps:
4a. Uninstall Java JRE from Windows using the Add / Remove tool (recommended).
4b. Disable the RADIUS v1.0.x Windows service "SecureAuthRadiusService2" in the Windows Services console (services.msc).
1. Download the installation file from the SecureAuth Product Downloads page.
NOTE: If RADIUS v2.0.x - v2.3.x is currently installed, RADIUS v2.4 by default will be installed in a new folder, and therefore can be installed while the existing service is running.
2. Find the downloaded SecureAuth-IdP-RADIUS-Server-2.4.exe file and double-click the file to start the install wizard.
3. Click Next > to proceed.
4. Select the appropriate checkbox(es) to enable quick access to the RADIUS Admin Console via a desktop icon and / or the Start menu selection:
5. Click Next > to review settings.
6. Review settings and
7. After the installation is complete, optionally select the file(s) to start when the wizard closes:
8. Click Finish to close the install wizard.
If either or both files were selected at step 7, the requested file(s) now appear(s).
Configure SecureAuth IdP RADIUS server v2.4